SEO in Brief
Before we start with types of SEO, let’s just get a brief of what exactly SEO is.
SEO is the priority when it comes to running a website. SEO is the abbreviated version of search engine optimization that refers to the process of boosting a website’s visibility and web traffic. Needless to say, a website’s visibility and web traffic are correlated. In short, SEO is the procedure of positioning your website among the top 5 results in search engines on the basis of a specific keyword search. In this post, you will come to know about different SEO services, types of SEO practices and the best possible ways to utilize them for boosting your site’s traffic.
Types of SEO in Digital Marketing Explained:
With Google’s ever-changing algorithms, it is important to stay on top of the latest updates. In this post, we will explain 7 different types of SEO and how they are integral in order for your site to rank higher than your competition.
A deep dive into different patterns of SEO practices:
1. White-Hat SEO
What white-hat SEO is?
Amongst the most important types of SEO is white hat SEO. White-hat SEO is all about optimizing the web pages of a specific website by following the Google Search Guidelines. In this process, in-depth keyword research occurs prior to optimizing the website. As the webmaster finds out high-volume keywords through dedicated keyword research, he optimizes the pages of the target website for those keywords to enhance the visibility of the website. Factually, insertions of high-volume keywords in the content of a website are the main target of white-hat SEO. White-hat SEO can be considered the most conventional SEO technique.
How to utilize white-hat SEO to boost your website’s organic traffic?
- White-hat SEO optimization is the safest strategy for boosting your website’s rank indeed. However, fruitful keyword research won’t do the entire job single-handedly. The content of your website needs to be relevant and related to the keyword you’re targeting. Generally, users input keywords while conducting online searches with specific intents. You must emphasize the user intent while creating content based on a particular keyword. Your website content must contain the answers to users’ questions.
- Your website should have proper navigation so that users don’t find it hard to reach where they want to be. Navigate users through your website content properly so that they find out the answers to their queries comfortably.
- Keyword-rich meta tags and meta descriptions have no alternative in terms of boosting your website’s visibility to a greater extent.
2. Black-Hat SEO
What is black-hat SEO?
Violation of the regulations enforced by search engines is the gist of black-hat SEO. To be specific, black-hat SEO is all about taking advantage of the loopholes of the SEO algorithms and pushing website ranking unethically. Being an illegal SEO tactic, black-hat SEO comes with numerous drawbacks and consequences. Though black-hat SEO is a good option for boosting your website’s ranking overnight, this is not a sustainable option.
The drawbacks and potential risks associated with black-hat SEO
- As black-hat SEO practices are against the standard regulations of SEO algorithms, penalties are applicable on illegal practices of black-hat techniques. If a website gets caught after implying black-hat SEO strategies for boosting web traffic, the website stands chance to get banned for a lifetime too.
- The implication of black-hat SEO techniques on a website leaves the website open to hackers and intruders. Black-hat SEO techniques don’t ensure the regulatory security benefits of a website. As a result, the security of the website gets compromised easily, and hackers can break into the website without minimum barriers.
3. Grey-Hat SEO
What is grey-hat SEO?
Grey-hat can be considered a perfect combination of black-hat and white-hat SEO strategies. Generally, grey-hat SEO practices consist of the features of both black-hat and white-hat SEO strategies. To be specific, grey-hat SEO functions as a bridge between white-hat SEO strategies and black-hat SEO strategies.
Is grey-hat SEO safer than black-hat SEO?
Grey-hat SEO strategies are mainly used by webmasters who want to pace up the increment in their sites’ web traffic within short spans. Boosting web traffic with white-hat SEO strategies is a time-consuming process, but it is safe. On the contrary, black-hat SEO strategies come with potential risks and cyber threats. So, numerous webmasters consider grey-hat SEO strategies as the best ways to increase the visibility and reach of their websites.
4. Negative SEO
What do you know about Negative SEO?
This is possibly the worst type of SEO practice that’s often adopted by unethical webmasters. The fundamental concept behind negative SEO practices is to bring down your competitors’ website’s reach. Negative SEO practices don’t focus on the quality improvement or SEO enhancement of a specific website. Instead, these practices empower the webmaster of a website to impact the performances of its competitors. Being a harmful and toxic practice, negative SEO falls under the category of black-hat SEO. The process of performing negative SEO centres multiple malicious practices including hacking competitor websites, posting fake negative reviews on those sites, etc. In addition to that, some webmasters copy the content of competitor websites and create fake duplicate sites using them. The process of negative SEO itself defines how toxic and unethical the SEO practice is.
However, negative SEO isn’t a long-existing solution for upscaling your website’s reach and visibility. On top of that, if you get caught practising negative SEO strategies, you may have to go through legal consequences as per the terms and regulations of search engines.
The threats related to negative SEO
Though negative SEO can’t be considered a punishable offence with legal consequences, it can still be hazardous. If Google detects that a webmaster is practising negative SEO to boost SERP ranking, the webmaster can be banned from creating a site forever. Additionally, the webmaster may need to bear penalties and charges due to overruling the terms and conditions enforced by Google and other search engines.
- What Is On-Page SEO? And How to Do Onpage SEO
- Entity SEO – A Comprehensive Guide to SEO Entity
- SEO Tips- Guide To Cross Linking
5. On-page SEO
What is on-page SEO?
One of the most ignored types of SEO is on-page SEO. On-page SEO falls under the white-hat SEO category. As the name suggests, this SEO category is centred on-page optimization and revamping techniques on the basis of specific keywords. In simple words, on-page SEO is all about moderating the aspects of your websites that you can control. Unlike black-hat SEO techniques, this process is completely ethical and secure too. As you attempt to boost web traffic
How do you utilize on-page SEO to increase your site’s reach?
- Firstly, the articles or posts of your website should be focused on answering users’ queries about a specific topic. While creating content for your website, make sure the content is informative and reader-friendly.
- Try to earn premium backlinks to enhance your site’s credibility to some extent. As you backlink your website to recognized sites, you stand the chance to secure consistent web traffic.
- Using 301 redirects is something you can’t overlook while performing on-page SEO on your website. Utilize 301 redirects wisely so that your readers get redirected to the pages they are looking for.
- Go for long-tail keywords instead of short keywords to posit your website in a better rank in SERP results.
- Analyze user intent with the help of Google Analytics to understand what your readers are seeking from your website. Mould your website content accordingly so that readers find your website helpful.
- You are supposed to optimize your website for voice searches while performing on-page SEO on your site.
- Try to publish longer blogs and articles that include every possible information about specific topics. That’s a key point to focus on during your website’s on-page optimization.
- Optimize your website content in a mobile-friendly manner so that readers find it more helpful to get the desired information from your website.
These are the standard on-page SEO practices that you need to keep in mind for escalating the growth of your site.
6. Technical SEO
Technical SEO, in simple words
Technical SEO is an essential part of SEO optimization amongst all types of SEO. In short, technical SEO is the procedure of optimizing and supervising the technical aspects of your website. While performing technical SEO, your main intention should be to optimize your website for indexing and crawling so that the site performs better. Google and other search engines have special algorithms to crawl into websites and index website content and other crucial factors related to SEO. From server speed to the loading speed of your site, everything needs to be optimized when you think of performing technical SEO.
The impact of technical SEO on your website’s circulation
The relevance and significance of technical SEO are a step ahead of other SEO strategies. There is no way to treat technical SEO as a mere option, rather, it should be treated as a priority. Looking from your website’s perspective, technical SEO is something that does the primary task of boosting web traffic. When you optimize your website according to technical SEO strategies, your site prompts search engines to evaluate it in better ways. A website that is optimized for technical SEO tends to perform way better in SEO ranking than other websites. Technical SEO is the factor that informs Google algorithms to posit a site in a better ranking position by offering some indications. So, if you’re ambitious about boosting your site’s web traffic, you’re bound to optimize your site for technical SEO before anything else.
7. Off-page SEO
What is off-page SEO?
As the name suggests, off-page SEO is the process of building a good reputation for your website through activities outside your site. In this method, you don’t need to optimize anything on your website. Instead, you are supposed to create a decent reader or user base for your website. That’s what you accomplish by promoting your site with the right strategies and campaigns. In fact, you portray your website’s trustworthiness through social media marketing, local listings, and guest posting on similar websites. In brief, the process of off-page SEO is all about creating a standard reputation to boost your website’s visibility and popularity.
Positive sides of off-page SEO
Off-page SEO practices come with loads of benefits. Here we are listing some of them to help you understand their importance.
- First of all, if you’re running a business website or eCommerce website, your business circulation improves with off-page SEO techniques. Even if you’re running a general blog or website, you can increase your website’s circulation with off-page SEO techniques. Your website gets better exposure as you attempt to accomplish off-page SEO campaigns successfully.
- The increased reach of your website helps you generate more viewers and leads. Later on, you can monetize your website and ensure a handsome earning every month from your site.
- The PageRank and SERP ranking of your website increases noticeably as you perform off-page SEO to boost your site’s reach.
SEO is a mandate for anyone who wants his website to sustain itself in the competitive environment of search engines. Especially if you’re planning to monetize your website or generate revenue from it, SEO optimization is the first task to do. However, numerous website owners and webmasters make wrong decisions trying to make their websites successful overnight, and they fall into the traps of wrong types of SEO techniques. You are supposed to keep in mind that you can’t attain overnight success from a website as a website needs time to get special recognition or establishment on the web.
This post consists of everything related to different types of SEO techniques, their benefits, drawbacks, and the ways to make the best use of them. There’s no point in considering SEO campaigns useless expenditures. As you go through this post sincerely, you’ll acquire a complete knowledge of all SEO techniques. Now, it’s time to reach out to an experienced SEO agency to help you rank on top of search engines.